If you’re running an eCommerce website, it’s important to make sure that it is user-friendly. After all, you want your customers to be able to find what they are looking for and make purchases with ease. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips on how to make your eCommerce website more user-friendly. Keep reading for more information!
What makes a site user-friendly?
Many factors contribute to a user-friendly eCommerce website. For example, the website should have a clean and organized design, easy-to-use navigation, and search features. Additionally, the checkout process should be simple and secure.
Just think about your own online shopping experiences. Have you ever visited a website that was difficult to navigate? Or, maybe you’ve tried to make a purchase but got frustrated with the checkout process. These are all examples of poor eCommerce website design. On the other hand, a user-friendly eCommerce website will provide a positive experience that encourages customers to come back.
So, how can you make sure that your eCommerce website is user-friendly? Keep reading for our top tips!
Make sure your eCommerce website has a clean and organized design.
A cluttered website can be difficult to navigate and makes it hard for customers to find what they are looking for. When designing your eCommerce website, be sure to use plenty of white space and organize your content in an easy-to-scan format. This will help your customers find what they need and make it more likely that they’ll make a purchase.
White space: White space, or negative space, is the area of your website design that is left empty. It serves as a rest for the eye and can help to highlight certain elements on your page. When used correctly, white space can make your eCommerce website more user-friendly by making it easier to navigate and scan.
Organized content: Organized content is easy to scan and understand. When designing your eCommerce website, be sure to use clear headings and subheadings. You might also want to use bullet points or numbered lists for certain sections. This will help break up your content and make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.
Make sure your eCommerce website is easy to navigate.
Your eCommerce website should be easy to navigate so that customers can find what they’re looking for with ease. Be sure to include a search bar, well-organized menus, and clear product categories. Additionally, you might want to consider including filters so that customers can narrow down their results.
Search bar tips:
- Place the search bar in a prominent location on your eCommerce website.
- Make sure the search bar is easy to use and provides relevant results.
- Include autocomplete functionality to help customers find what they’re looking for faster.
- Logically organize your menus.
- Use clear and concise labels for your menus.
- Use drop-down menus to help customers find what they’re looking for.
Product category tips:
- Include clear and concise labels for your product categories.
- Organize your products into logical categories.
- Use filters to help customers narrow down their results.
Make sure your eCommerce website has a simple and secure checkout process.
The checkout process is one of the most important aspects of an eCommerce website. You want to make sure that it is simple and secure so that customers feel comfortable making a purchase. Be sure to include guest checkout, saved payment methods, and order tracking.
- Guest checkout: Offer guest checkout so that customers can purchase without creating an account.
- Saved payment methods: Allow customers to save their payment information for future purchases.
- Order tracking: Provide customers with the ability to track their orders from start to finish.
Offer discounts or promotions to encourage customers to make a purchase.
Discounts and promotions are a great way to encourage customers to make a purchase on your eCommerce website. You can offer discounts on certain products, free shipping, or special deals for first-time customers. Whatever you choose, be sure to clearly advertise the discount or promotion so that customers know how to take advantage of it.
Include clear and concise calls to action.
Your eCommerce website should include clear and concise calls to action (CTAs) so that customers know what to do next. For example, if you want customers to add a product to their cart, your CTA should say “Add to Cart.” If you want customers to sign up for your newsletter, your CTA should say “Sign Up.” Be sure to use actionable language and include CTAs throughout your eCommerce website.
Use high-quality images.
Images are a vital part of any eCommerce website. They help customers visualize the products they are interested in and can be the difference between a sale and no sale. Be sure to use high-quality images that are clear and concise. You might also want to consider using product videos to give customers a more in-depth look at the products you’re selling.
Make sure your product descriptions are clear and concise.
Your eCommerce website should include clear and concise product descriptions. Be sure to include all relevant information such as size, color, materials, etc. Customers should be able to read your product descriptions and know exactly what they are getting. Additionally, you might want to consider including customer reviews to give potential buyers more insight into your products.
Include a blog on your eCommerce website.
A blog is a great way to drive traffic to your eCommerce website. You can use it to write about relevant topics, product recommendations, or anything else you think would be of interest to your target audience. Be sure to include links back to your eCommerce website so that readers can easily find your products.
Make sure your website is blazing fast.
A slow eCommerce website can be a major deterrent for customers. Be sure to optimize your images, enable caching, and use a content delivery network (CDN). These things will help to improve your website’s speed and performance.
- What is a CDN? A content delivery network (CDN) is a network of servers that delivers content to users based on their geographic location.
Image optimization tips:
- Compress your images to reduce file size.
- Use the right image format for the right situation.
- Resize your images before uploading them to your eCommerce website.
Image optimization tips:
- Compress your images.
- Use the correct file format.
- Resize your images.
- Use a caching plugin.
- Enable browser caching.
- Minimize the number of plugins you use.
- Choose a reputable CDN provider.
- Integrate the CDN into your eCommerce website.
- Monitor your eCommerce website’s performance.
Make sure your website is secure.
An eCommerce website must be secure to protect both the customer and the business. Be sure to use a strong password, SSL certificate, and secure payment gateway.
- What is an SSL certificate? An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that uses encryption to secure data between two computers.
- Use a strong password that is at least eight characters long.
- Include a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use dictionary words or common phrases.
- Change your password regularly.
- Make sure you don’t have mixed content on your eCommerce website by configuring your SSL properly.
- Mixed content is when a page has both secure (HTTPS) and non-secure (HTTPS) content. This can happen when you have images or other elements that are loading from a non-secure URL.
Different types of SSL certifications:
- Domain Validation (DV) SSL: The most basic type of SSL certificate, which verifies that you own the domain.
- Organization Validation (OV) SSL: A more advanced SSL certificate that verifies your organization’s identity.
- Extended Validation (EV) SSL: The most advanced type of SSL certificate, which provides the highest level of security and trust.
Secure payment gateway:
- There are many different secure payment gateway options available. Do your research to find the one that is best for your eCommerce website.
Make sure your eCommerce website is mobile-friendly.
- More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to shop online. Be sure to make your eCommerce website mobile-friendly so that customers can have a positive experience regardless of what device they are using.
- Use a responsive eCommerce website template.
- Optimize your images for mobile devices.
- Minimize the use of pop-ups and interstitials.
- Make sure your eCommerce website is accessible.
An eCommerce website must be accessible to everyone to be successful.
Be sure to design your eCommerce website using web accessibility guidelines.
Some accessibility tips:
- Use high-contrast colors.
- Do not use flashing or blinking content.
- Provide text alternatives for images.
Use a good content management system:
A good eCommerce website should be easy to update and manage. Be sure to use a content management system (CMS) that is user-friendly and meets your specific needs.
Some popular eCommerce CMS options:
Here are a few extra tips to make sure your eCommerce website is user-friendly:
Offer customer support:
Make sure you have a way for customers to contact you if they have questions or need assistance. You can use live chat, email, or phone support.
Use engaging visuals:
People are visual creatures. Use high-quality images and videos to help tell your eCommerce website’s story.
Make it easy to navigate:
Your eCommerce website should be easy to navigate. Use clear and concise menus and labels.
Don’t forget the call-to-action:
Make sure your eCommerce website has a strong call-to-action (CTA). A CTA is a statement or button that encourages visitors to take a specific action.
Some examples of CTAs:
- “Add to Cart”
- “Buy Now”
- “Sign Up for Our Newsletter”
- “Get a Free Quote”
What are some common eCommerce website design mistakes?
Now that we’ve gone over some tips for eCommerce website design, let’s take a look at some common mistakes.
Ignoring your website checkout process is a mistake.
Your eCommerce website’s checkout process is important, and you should pay close attention to it. If your checkout process is confusing or difficult to use, you’ll likely lose customers.
Another common mistake is not making your eCommerce website mobile-friendly.
With more and more people using their smartphones and tablets to shop online, it’s important to make sure your eCommerce website is mobile-friendly. If it’s not, you’ll lose potential customers.
Not including customer testimonials or reviews.
Customer testimonials and reviews can help gain the trust of potential customers. If you don’t have any testimonials or reviews on your eCommerce website, consider adding some.
Not having a blog.
A blog can help you attract new customers and keep existing customers engaged. If you don’t have a blog, you’re missing out on a valuable opportunity to connect with your audience.
Making your eCommerce website user-friendly doesn’t have to be difficult. By following the tips in this blog post, you can create an eCommerce website that is easy to use and provides a great experience for your customers.
If you’re looking for help making your eCommerce website even more user-friendly, our team at Graticle can assist. We have years of experience in web design and development, and we know how to create a website that is both visually appealing and easy to use. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to get started on your project! Call (360) 450-3711
eCommerce frequently asked questions
What’s the difference between an eCommerce website and a regular website?
An eCommerce website is a website where customers can purchase products or services. To make sales, eCommerce websites need to be user-friendly so that customers can easily find what they are looking for and make a purchase.
How does SEO fit into eCommerce website design?
SEO (search engine optimization) is important for eCommerce websites because it helps customers find your website when they are searching for products or services that you offer. To make sure your eCommerce website is optimized for SEO, be sure to do keyword research, create quality content, and use relevant keywords throughout your website.
What are some eCommerce website design trends?
Some eCommerce design trends for 2022 include using personalization, creating a strong visual identity, and making the user experience more seamless.
How much does it cost to create an eCommerce website?
The cost of creating an eCommerce website varies depending on the size and complexity of the website, as well as the company you hire to create it. Generally, eCommerce websites cost between $5,000 to $25,000+
How can I make my eCommerce website stand out?
There are a few things you can do to make your eCommerce website stand out from the competition. Use high-quality images, create a strong visual identity, offer unique products or services, and provide excellent customer service.