As you can guess, there are countless numbers of mistakes people make with their websites.
I want to focus on the most common we notice every day.
This is the first thing that people see when your website loads.
Since it’s the first, you want to get right.
The hero image needs to accomplish three things in the first few seconds:
1) What you do
2) Why that makes the customer’s life better
3) What they must do to take action
Sounds simple, but like anything simple, it can be difficult.
The temptation for a business is to list every feature or service they provide. The problem is, the visitor can’t understand what you do. It’s too much work for them to figure out. They are confused and they leave.
Imagine you have three seconds to tell a prospective customer in person what it is that you do, write that down.
With your hero headline, it needs to be:
The formula for creating a hero headline:
1) State the problem you solve.
2) Promise a transformation. If you can change your customers life in a big or small way, use that in the headline. Make the website focused on the customer.
3) Say what you do, simply. I also recommend a simple sub-heading listing a couple benefits your customer will have working with you or with your product(s).
Free Website Review
Fill out this Free Website Review request and we’ll review your website for free. No strings attached and it takes only a minute.
We’ll send you a report so you can see how your website is really performing and how it can be improved.