When it comes to logo design, there are a lot of things to consider. Your logo is the face of your company, so you want to make sure that it represents your brand in the best possible way. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most important things to keep in mind when redesigning your logo. Keep these tips in mind as you begin the process of creating a new logo for your business!
Why do you want to redesign your logo?
Before you start the logo redesign process, it is important to ask yourself this question. When it comes to logo design, you want to make sure that you have a clear purpose for why you are redesigning your logo. Whether it is because you feel that your current logo no longer represents your brand or because you want to update your look to appeal to a new target market, it is important to have a clear goal in mind.
Start with your goals
What do you want to achieve with your logo redesign? Are you trying to update your image to appeal to a new target market? Are you hoping to increase brand recognition? Once you know what your goals are, you can start making decisions about the design of your logo.
Look at your existing logo
Your logo may not be completely outdated, but it might need a refresh to stay current. Take a look at your existing logo and consider what elements could be updated. Is the font still relevant? Are the colors still on trend? Does the overall design feel dated?
Your company’s brand
What are the core values of your business? What message do you want to communicate with your logo? Answering these questions will help you narrow down the design of your logo and ensure that it accurately represents your company.
Your target audience
Another important thing to consider is your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your logo? What age group, gender, or demographic are you targeting? Keep your target audience in mind when choosing the colors, fonts, and overall design of your logo.
Take a look at your competition. What logo designs do they use? How does their logo compare to yours? It’s important to be aware of your competition and what they’re doing in order to stay ahead of the curve.
What makes a great logo, great?
There are a few key elements that make up a great logo. A great logo is simple, memorable, and timeless. It should be easy to read and understand, and it should be able to convey your company’s message without using too many words. Additionally, a great logo should be versatile and look good on both digital and print materials.
- Simple: A logo should be simple enough that it can be easily recognized, even when it is seen from a distance. This means that the logo should not be too complicated or have too many elements.
- Memorable: A logo should be memorable so that it can be easily recalled by customers and clients. This means that the logo should be unique and not similar to any other logo.
- Timeless: A logo should be timeless so that it does not need to be redesigned every few years. This means that the logo should be classic and not too trendy.
- Flexible: A logo should be flexible so that it can be used in a variety of applications. This means that the logo should be simple and not too detailed.
- Storytelling: A logo should tell a story about your company. This means that the logo should be designed to represent your company’s values, mission, and vision.
Logo design strategies
There are a few specific strategies that you can use to create a logo that is simple, memorable, and timeless.
When it comes to choosing colors for your logo, it is important to consider both the meaning of the colors and how they will look when printed.
- Blue: Trustworthy, dependable, and calm
- Red: Passionate, energetic, and exciting
- Green: Growth, abundance, and nature
- Yellow: Optimistic and happy
- Purple: Royalty, luxury, and wisdom
- Black: Power, authority, and sophistication
- White: Purity, innocence, and cleanliness
The font that you use for your logo should be easy to read and understand. Additionally, the font should be appropriate for the type of business that you have. For example, a more serious logo would benefit from a sans serif font, while a fun logo might use a script font.
- Serif fonts: Traditional, classic, and formal
- Sans serif fonts: Modern, clean, and simple
- Script fonts: Elegant, playful, and personal
- Display fonts: Eye-catching, unique, and attention-grabbing
The shapes that you use in your logo should be appropriate for the type of business that you have. For example, a logo for a children’s toy company might use softer, rounder shapes, while a logo for an architectural firm might use sharp, angular shapes.
A logo can also include a symbol, which is an image that represents your company. For example, the swoosh is a symbol that is recognized all over the world. When choosing a symbol for your logo, it is important to consider what the symbol represents and how it will be used.
Your logo should evoke positive emotions in your target audience. For example, if you are targeting families, your logo should be friendly and inviting. If you are targeting businesses, your logo should be professional and trustworthy.
Keep it simple
When it comes to logo design, less is often more. A logo should be simple enough that it can be easily recognized and remembered. Additionally, a logo should be versatile so that it can be used in a variety of applications.
Once you have designed your logo, it is important to be consistent with its use. This means using the same colors, fonts, and overall design across all of your marketing materials. By being consistent, you will create a strong and recognizable brand that customers will remember.
Your logo should be scalable so that it can be used in a variety of applications. This means that the logo should be simple and not too detailed.
Work with a logo designer
Designing a logo can be a complex and time-consuming process. If you don’t have the time or resources to design a logo on your own, consider working with a logo designer. A logo designer will help you create a logo that is simple, memorable, and timeless. At Graticle, we specialize in creating beautiful logos that represent your company in the best possible way. Contact us today to get started on your own logo design! (360) 450-3711