The holidays are a time to spend with loved ones, enjoy delicious treats and take some much needed time off. For many business owners, the holiday season is also a busy one as they work hard to bring in as much revenue as possible. Here at Graticle we want to help you out by offering our top tips for your eCommerce website during this hectic but profitable time of year!
How do I optimize my website for the holidays?
Optimizing your web design for the holidays is important since it can affect how many shoppers you get. Here are some eCommerce website tips to help with that:
– Offer free shipping on orders over say, $75;
– Update images of products, especially items like toys and decor which may sell better during certain times of year;
– Make sure your web design is easy to navigate;
– Promote holiday sales with email campaigns.
– Update the look of your logo and/or icons throughout your website so they are more holiday themed.
– Add a countdown timer to your website that shows how much time is left until Christmas;
– Create a landing page specifically for the holidays.
– Add a “gift finder” to help shoppers quickly locate products they are looking for.
– Tweak the wording on your website to be more festive.
– Consider using a different color scheme that is more in line with the holidays.
– Make sure all of your webpages are loading quickly.
– Use festive fonts and colors in web design elements;
– Display customer reviews of products on your website;
– Write blog posts about gift ideas for certain people (e.g. best gifts for husbands, wives, children, dads, moms)
– Make sure all of your contact information is up-to-date and easy to find.
– And of course, make sure your web design is mobile-friendly!
What’s the best way to boost conversion rates on my eCommerce website during the holidays?
Your eCommerce website needs to be clear and easy to use, whether you’re running a Black Friday or Christmas sale or just need to improve your web design.
Here are ten things that can help boost eCommerce holiday conversion rates:
– Use Personalization – Show customers what they might want, based on their past behavior and preferences.
– Be clear about Promotions – Your customers should be able to easily tell what your promotions are.
– Show Shipping Information Clearly – Customers don’t want to wait for days on end with no information about their order, so make sure you’re always updating them during the holiday season. This is where web design becomes important , especially when it comes to making your eCommerce website easy to navigate.
– Use Urgency and Scarcity – These are two of the oldest tricks in the book, but they still work. Create a sense of urgency by adding countdown timers to your sale pages.
– Simplify Checkout – This is one of the most important web design tips for an eCommerce website . If it’s not easy for customers to checkout, they won’t.
– Use Testimonials – Customer testimonials are a great way to show off your products and increase trust.
– Make sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly – This is becoming increasingly important, as more and more people shop on their mobile devices.
– Use Social Proof – Showing how many people have already bought your products is an easy web design tip that makes customers feel like they’re buying into something popular.
– Offer Multiple Payment Options – Not everyone likes using credit cards, so make sure you offer other web design tips for your eCommerce website, such as PayPal and Apple Pay .
– Make it Easy to Find Your Contact info – If things go wrong, customers need to be able to easily get in touch with you.
– Use Live Chat – This is a great way to provide customer service during the holiday season, and it can be helpful web design as well.
One of the biggest mistakes websites make during this time, is not having their web design updated to match their current brand & style. This can lead to lost sales and unhappy customers who may buy from another website due to poor web design.
Another common web design mistake made during the holiday season is failing to create a festive atmosphere. Your website should be decorated with Christmas trees, lights, and other holiday-themed elements in order to engage customers and keep them on your site. You can also offer special discounts or deals that are only available during the holidays. This will give customers a reason to visit your website again and again.
Christmas is also a time when people are looking for gift ideas. Make sure your website has a special section devoted to Christmas gifts, so that visitors can find the perfect present for their friends and family members.
In order to make the most of the holiday season, be sure to follow these final web design tips:
– Update your website’s web design to match your current brand & style.
– Decorate your website with Christmas trees, lights, and other holiday-themed elements.
– Offer special discounts or deals that are only available during the holidays.
– Create a special section devoted to Christmas gifts on your website.
– Follow these final web design tips to make the most of the holiday season.
Happy holidays! May your website be full of shoppers! :)