Why You Should Never Try To Build Your Own WebsiteAugust 08, 2022 Reading Time: 5 Minutes
You might be thinking, “How hard could it be to build a website? I can just throw up some pictures and text and call it a day.” But trust me, it’s not that simple. It takes a lot of time and effort to create a website that is professional, user-friendly, and looks great. And unless you are a web design expert, chances are your website will end up looking like a hot mess.
Let’s get into the reasons why you should never try to build your own website:
When you try to build your own website, the quality is usually not that great. And by quality, I mean everything from the design to the user experience. If you’re not a web design professional, chances are your website will look amateurish and unprofessional.
Most businesses spend a lot of resources in marketing their busineses. But if your website looks like it was put together by a middle schooler, all that marketing effort will go to waste because potential customers will be turned off by your website. And first impressions are everything.
You’re not just building a website, you’re building a brand:
A website is more than just a collection of pictures and text. It’s a representation of your brand. And unless you are a web design expert, chances are you will not be able to create a website that accurately represents your brand.
Your website is often the first interaction potential customers have with your business. So you want to make sure that interaction is a positive one. Otherwise, you risk losing customers before you even have a chance to sell them anything.
It takes a lot of time:
Creating a website from scratch takes a lot of time. And unless you are prepared to spend weeks, or even months, working on your website, it’s probably not worth your time.
There are a lot of moving parts to a website, from the design to the content to the user experience. And unless you know what you’re doing, it’s going to take a while to get everything right.
If you’re not prepared to spend money on professional help, then building your own website is going to be expensive. How much time are you willing to spend learning how to design and build a website? How much money are you willing to spend on website hosting, domain names, and other website-related costs?
Unless you’re prepared to invest both time and money into building your website, it’s probably not worth your while. I’d rather focus on what I do best and leave website design to the professionals.
It can be difficult to make your website user-friendly:
Creating a website that is both visually appealing and user-friendly is no easy feat. And unless you’re a web design expert, chances are your website will be lacking in one or both of those areas.
User experience is extremely important when it comes to websites. You want potential customers to be able to easily navigate your website and find the information they’re looking for. If your website is difficult to use, chances are people will give up and go to your competitor’s website instead.
You need to have a good understanding of website design and coding:
In order to build a website, you need to have a good understanding of website design and coding. And unless you’re willing to put in the time to learn those things, it’s probably not worth your while.
Hiring a professional web designer will save you time, money, and headaches.
They have the experience and skills to get the job done right, the first time. Trying to design a website yourself will likely take longer than you expect, and it will end up costing you more in the long run.
Why spend hours (or days) trying to figure out website design when you could be doing what you’re good at? Leave the website design to the professionals and focus on running your business.
If you’re still not convinced, here are a few more reasons why you should never try to build your own website:
- You’ll likely end up with a website that doesn’t reflect well on your business. A professional web designer will be able to create a website that is not only visually appealing, but also easy to navigate and use.
- Your website will be less likely to break or have technical issues if it’s designed by a professional. Web designers know how to code websites so they are less likely to encounter problems down the road.
- You need to be an expert in web design to create a website that looks great: Hiring a professional website designer means you don’t have to be. A good web designer will take your vision and turn it into a reality.
- Your website is an investment: A website is one of the best investments you can make for your business. It’s a 24/seven marketing tool that can help you generate leads, sales, and brand awareness.
- A website is a reflection of your business: Your website is often the first impression potential customers will have of your business. Make sure it’s a good one by working with a professional web designer.
- You’ll be able to focus on your business rather than website design. Let’s face it, website design is time-consuming. If you try to do it yourself, you’ll likely spend more time working on your website than running your business.
- By hiring a professional web designer, you can avoid all of these issues. Save yourself the time, money, and headaches and hire a web design company who knows how to design a website that will reflect well on your business.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): If you want your website to rank high in search engines, you need to make sure it is designed with SEO in mind. This is something that professional web designers are well-versed in.
- Functionality and user experience (UX): A website should be easy to use and navigate. Professional web designers know how to create a website that is both functional and has a good UX.
- Security: Websites need to be secure, especially if you are selling products or services online. Professional web designers will know how to add security features to your website to protect your customers’ data.
Sure, you could try to design your own website. But unless you’re willing to put in the time to learn website design and coding, it’s probably not worth your while. Hiring a professional web designer will save you time, money, and headaches. They have the experience and skills to get the job done right, the first time. So why not focus on running your business and leave the website design to the professionals?
At Graticle, we specialize in website design and development. We have a team of experienced designers who will work with you to create a website that is both visually appealing and easy to use. Contact us today to get started on your new website! (360) 450-3711
Website Design Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to build a website?
The answer to this question is not as cut and dry as you may think. It all depends on the size and scope of your project. A small, personal website can be built in a matter of hours, while a large corporate website can take weeks or even months.
How much does it cost to build a website?
Again, this all depends on the size and scope of your project. A simple, personal website can be built for free using one of many online platform builders. A more complex website will require the services of a web designer or developer, which can cost anywhere from thousands to several thousand dollars.
How do I know if I need a website?
In today’s digital age, nearly every business needs some sort of online presence. A website is a great way to promote your products or services, connect with customers and clients, and generate leads and sales. If you’re not sure whether or not you need a website, ask yourself this question: would my business benefit from having an online presence? If the answer is yes, then you need a website.
What are the benefits of having a website?
Some of the many benefits of having a website include increased visibility, global reach, 24 hour accessibility, improved customer service, and increased sales. A website is also a great way to build trust and credibility with potential customers and clients.
What are some things I should consider before building a website?
Before you start building your website, there are a few things you should take into consideration, such as your target audience, your budget, and your goals for the website. Once you have a clear understanding of these things, you can start planning your website design and development.